Friday, April 8, 2011

Fishing without a license can land you in the big house

This is a true story. Meet my cousin.... Jay did a very bad thing. Jay went fishing without a license and got busted. I haven't heard the details on that part of the story. Then he did something not so smart. He missed his court date. On March 30 he went to the 1st district court in Logan, Utah to pay the $220 to settle the case.

Now the scary part. The officer comes out and says, "You are wanted in Nevada for Meth trafficking, in fact, Mr. Patrick you are on the top ten most wanted list". The long story short? He spends two days in the big house while they figure out they have the wrong guy while trying to extradite him to Nevada.


As a newspaper reporter, I suspect Jay could make some hay reporting on this incident. Want the total scoop? Google: "Writer mistaken for meth dealer"


Here's the funny part. The professor and I are making plans for going fishing next week. Our licenses expired March 30, 2011. It never dawned on me until reading about this today that I needed to renew my license. So unless you look good in stripes and enjoy strip searches....get your 2011 license today!


No comments:

Post a Comment